Allied Breweries Collection
- Reference Number: ABX
- Object Name: Allied Breweries Collection
- Production Date: 1849-1997
- Level: Fonds
- Admin History: Allied Breweries was the result of a 1961 merger between Ind Coope (of Burton), Ansells (of Birmingham), and Tetley Walker (of Leeds). In 1978, Allied Breweries merged with the food and catering group J. Lyons and Co to form Allied Lyons. The breweries business merged with Carlsberg in 1992 and became Carlsberg-Tetley, which is now part of Carlsberg Group, with Carlsberg-Tetley now known as Carlsberg UK.
- Description: This collection encompasses records that were passed to the National Brewery Centre by Ray Anderson of the Brewery History Society when Allied Breweries closed down and it includes records from Ind Coope, Samuel Allsopp, Ansells, B Grant, A B Walker, Burton Brewery Company, Charels Rose, Coopalls, E Halliday, East African Breweries, Taylor Walker & Co, and a number of smaller subsidiary companies.
- Terms:Brewing and malting
- Related Places:
- Related Organisation:
- Access Status: These records are open to public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to closure periods.
- Contact: NBC Archive,
We offer a research and digital copying service. Please contact us below to check the suitability for copying.
Sorry, but this record is not avaliable for the copying/research service. Please choose an item level record.