Bass Holdings Ltd Collection
- Reference Number: BAH
- Object Name: Bass Holdings Ltd Collection
- Production Date: 1782-1986
- Level: Fonds
- Admin History: Bass Holdings Ltd (company number 25675) was a subsidiary of the ultimate holding company Bass PLC the history of which can be traced back to 1777 when William Bass opened his brewery in High Street, Burton on Trent. The company grew both organically and through the acquisition of many other companies, the most notable ones being with Worthington & Co. in 1927, Mitchells & Butlers Ltd. in 1961, and Charrington United Breweries in 1967, each of which had also taken over many other brewers. Bass Brewers Ltd, the brewing arm of Bass PLC was sold to Interbrew of Belgium in 2000 (now Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I )with the GB Operations being resold to Coors (now Molson Coors Inc) based in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Description: Being the original home of the Bass Museum it is not surprising that this collection forms a large element of the archives held in the National Brewery Centre and includes History of the Company, Corporate and legal records, property records, trademarks, minute books, licensee magazines, staff records, engineering records, brewers records, technical brewing documents and manuals, stores records, loans 7 accounting ledgers, locomotives details and associated railway records, sports associated records, public house records, photographs, cheques and paying in slips, staff outings, price lists, royal warrants, delivery records, bottle labels, drip mats, advertisements, brands & products and general correspondence. In addition there are digital copies of many pub photographs, advertising videos and oral histories that have been produced by NBC volunteers.
- Terms:Brewing and malting
- Related Places:
- Related Organisation:
- Access Status: These records are open to public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to closure periods.
- Contact: NBC Archive,
We offer a research and digital copying service. Please contact us below to check the suitability for copying.
Sorry, but this record is not avaliable for the copying/research service. Please choose an item level record.