Interbrew (Belgium) Collection
- Reference Number: INB
- Object Name: Interbrew (Belgium) Collection
- Level: Fonds
- Admin History: Having its roots in Leuven, Interbrew was formed in 1988 when Brouwerij Artois, the Flemish brewers of Stella Artois (established before 1366) merged with Walloon-based brewer Piedboeuf. International expansion began when Interbrew acquired Bass Brewers Ltd in the UK and merged with Canadian company Labatt. After the merger the company was considered a multinational, with both Canadian and Belgian roots. In 2002 it sold the brewing operations in the UK to Coors Brewers.
- Description: Having its roots in Leuven, Interbrew was formed in 1988 when Brouwerij Artois, the Flemish brewers of Stella Artois (established before 1366) merged with Walloon-based brewer Piedboeuf. International expansion began when Interbrew acquired the Canadian brewing company Labatt in 2000, closely followed by the brewing division of Whitbread plc. in the UK, and then Bass Brewers Ltd., the brewing and brand-owning arm of Bass plc. In 2001 Interbrew sold on the GB operations of Bass Brewers to Coors Brewing Co. in the USA
- Terms:Brewing and malting
- Related Places:
- Related Organisation:
- Access Status: These records are open to public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to closure periods.
- Physical Description: Mainly ex Bass Trade Mark documents, Letters of Indemity, advertisements and posters meeting minute books, 15 works of art, 11 audiovisual items, 3 items of decorative art, 8 games items, around 700 museum artefacts. Also around 220 branded items of Tennent's advertisements and point of sale material, and c40 audiovisual items.
- Contact: NBC Archive,
We offer a research and digital copying service. Please contact us below to check the suitability for copying.
Sorry, but this record is not avaliable for the copying/research service. Please choose an item level record.